Rhinoplasty, nose reshaping or nose job, is a type of surgery known for its cosmetic benefits by enhancing the nose’s size, shape, and symmetry. However, other than improving the face proportion, Rhinoplasty is also used to treat and correct structural defects that cause difficulty in breathing.
Rhinoplasty can treat the size and position of the nostrils, straighten a crooked nose, narrow the nose, and refine the bulbous nasal tip, deformed nose due to traumatic injury, congenital disabilities, or illness.
Five Common Reasons Why You May Want To Get a Rhinoplasty
Whether from a traumatic accident, illness, or genetics, Rhinoplasty surgery can help enhance a crooked or not straight nose and produce a more symmetric output.
The nose is the main part of our overall facial appearance, and sometimes, the larger tip or strangely tip of our nose can make us feel insecure. Rhinoplasty can help improve the nose and make it appear more refined.
Rhinoplasty can correct and reduce the overly large size of nostrils.
The nose appears to be expected. However, there is a hump on the bridge that can be corrected surgically.
Over or under the projected nose
Rhinoplasty surgery aims to correct and enhance the nose bridge to give a more proportional outcome.
Different Types of Rhinoplasty
Refers to reshaping the tip of the nose without affecting the nasal structures.
A small incision will be made under the nasal tip between the nostrils. This process allows surgeons to have complete access to the nasal structures and carve or sculpt the nose into the desired shape. The scars will be hidden unnoticeable as much as possible and with a great effort to the natural contours of the nose. This process is used for patients that require massive reshaping.
Unlike open Rhinoplasty, closed Rhinoplasty can be carried out by making an incision only on the inside of the nostrils. The scars are well hidden; however, the access to the nasal structure is limited, which is why this kind of procedure is commonly used in patients who do not require complex adjustments to the nasal design or the nasal tip.
There are several types of nose surgeries, and the type of procedure to be performed will vary depending on the patient’s desired changes and the anatomy of the nose.
Essential reminders before you decide to have a Rhinoplasty
- As a patient, you must be in the legal age and have finished growing. When puberty strikes, adolescents and young adults may experience issues that can affect the appearance and function of the nose.
- There is no perfect nose. Although Rhinoplasty surgery can enhance and improve the beauty of your facial features, surgeons will have to evaluate the anatomy or the structure of your nose. They will tell you if your desired expectation is attainable.
- Your surgeon will consider your overall health, so it is essential to discuss your medical history. Various physical exams will also be conducted to ensure that everything is safe before the surgery.
- Rhinoplasty surgeries can take up to 3 hours and are usually outpatient procedures. Therefore, you may go home with a pack in your nostrils. Patients will also experience mild to moderate discomfort, but you don’t have to worry because your doctor will prescribe a medication to help it be minimal during the recovery period.
- Lastly, during the recovery period, patients should avoid strenuous work.
It’s undeniable that Rhinoplasty is the most popular cosmetic surgery and is well known for its cosmetic benefits. Whether you want a nose job to treat a deformed nose due to injury or for the sole purpose of enhancing your appearance, it is worth it to get it done. How we feel about ourselves is essential. Life is short to be self-conscious about an aspect of our appearance when there is already a solution that has positive reviews and outcomes. Choose the right surgeon that can deliver the result that you want.