Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a cannabinoid found in the hemp or cannabis plant that is rapidly gaining popularity. One of the most abundant cannabinoids in nature, this hemp extract serves as a natural remedy for several ailments, including pain and inflammation. Additionally, CBD tincture oil for anxiety and depression has also proven to be quite effective. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, oils made using this hemp extract do not produce any psychoactive or intoxicating effect. Therefore, individuals can ingest CBD tincture oil for anxiety and inflammation without clogging their minds. Read on to learn more about how these products work against inflammation and why they are beneficial.
What is Inflammation?
Inflammation is our body’s natural defense mechanism that helps in healing and recovery. Whenever our immune system detects an intrusion, it triggers a biological response to prevent an attack. The intruder can be anything from an irritant to a thorn stuck in your finger. Other times, the body mistakes our tissues as harmful, leading to several complications and auto-immune diseases.
As a result, inflammation can contribute to the onset of a wide variety of chronic illnesses, such as metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and type-2 diabetes. The two main types of inflammation are as follows:
- Acute: In most cases, such inflammation occurs due to an injury or illness and affects only a particular part of the body. It usually features pain, redness, swelling, warmth when touched, and loss of function in the area. In most cases, these symptoms last for a few days, whereas subacute inflammation can last around six weeks.
- Chronic: Such inflammation lasts for months or years at a stretch and is a cause for more concern. In most cases, they can arise due to severe diseases, such as diabetes, arthritis, psoriasis, cardiovascular diseases, and allergies. While the primary symptoms of such inflammation depend on the underlying cause, it results in pain and increased fatigue.
What is a CBD Tincture Oil?
Cannabidiol is available in several forms and is now a constituent in multiple products, ranging from bath bombs to gummy bears. While the terms oil and tincture seem similar, they refer to two different products with varying uses and processing methods. As per CBD oil guide, Oils contain cannabidiol extracted from the hemp plant and later separated or diffused into an oil base. Unlike oils, tinctures have alcohol as their base constituent. Manufacturers soak cannabis in alcoholic liquids to create them to allow slow infusion. Later, they heat the mixture to let the alcohol evaporate, leaving a highly potent product behind. Nevertheless, oils require a carbon-dioxide-based extraction process. However, both these products offer all the benefits of hemp without creating any intoxication or hallucination.
Can CBD Tincture Oils Help Against Inflammation?
While research on products containing such hemp extracts is still in their early stages, several studies have shown that they possess anti-inflammatory properties. Cannabidiol targets and interacts with our body’s natural endocannabinoid system by linking with our neurotransmitters and receptors. As a result, it can help individuals struggling with both acute and chronic inflammation. Additionally, a study on rats found that such products also help with the inflammation associated with osteoarthritis. A 2009 study also shows that they are effective against instances of acute inflammation that occur due to injury.
The endocannabinoid system works together with our central nervous system to regulate our sleeping patterns, appetite, and immune response. Cannabidiol helps in reducing chronic pain and inflammation by interacting with endocannabinoid receptors and transmitters. These anti-inflammatory properties of Sunday Scaries CBD also make it effective in preventing acne. Acne is a prominent skin condition that over 9% of the population have to deal with daily. Genetics, sebum overproduction, and bacteria, all contribute to the onset of acne. However, tinctures infused with hemp can reduce sebum production and soothe underlying inflammation, helping protect the skin and keep it scar-free and supple.
How to Choose the Best Products for Inflammation?
There are several companies on the internet that market fake products that do not contain high-quality hemp extracts. Hence, consumers must research the product and company before making any purchases. A few factors that all users need to consider when buying a CBD oil for anxiety or inflammation are as follows:
- Always opt for companies that provide test reports and certificates of analysis from third-party testing agencies and labs. Doing so means that the company promotes transparency and quality, ensuring the product is safe for use.
- Check for the ingredient list to ensure that the products use natural, organic, US-grown hemp to enjoy the benefits of high-quality products. Also, opt for products that contain less than 0.3% THC as these are legally available for purchase in the USA.
- Go through the Certificate of Analysis to make sure the product passes all the tests that check for the presence of molds, heavy metals, and pesticides.
- Do a quick online search and go through the company website to check their certifications and specifications regarding the manufacturing processes. Always opt for products that use natural extraction processes that help expel harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- Understand the dosage or potency of the product, as this will help you gauge whether the product will meet your dosage requirements. Make sure the product does not contain other harmful chemicals or ingredients. Consumers can use testimonials and customer reviews as an indicator of a company’s brand reputation.
Some of the best products available in the market to fight inflammation are as follows;
- Receptra’s Natural Relief + Turmeric: A broad-spectrum CBD tincture with 0% THC, making it an excellent choice for individuals who are avoiding tetrahydrocannabinol. The product contains 990mg of extract in every 30 ml bottle and helps in promoting muscle recovery. The tincture also contains avocado oil, omega 3 and 6 acids, turmeric, and MCT oil.
- Aspen Green Hemp Oil: An excellent choice for individuals looking for a potent formulation, the Aspen oil makes use of full-spectrum CBD. A 30 ml bottle of this product contains a whopping 3000 mg of hemp extracts obtained from organic hemp grown in Colorado. The product contains natural terpenes and flavonoids, including limonene, a potent anti-inflammatory substance.
- Moon Mother Hemp Oil: Moon Mother’s product is an excellent choice for individuals who have never used CBD before as it is a low-dose product. A 30 ml bottle of this oil contains only 500mg of full-spectrum CBD, making it mild. The sublingual tincture utilizes carbon dioxide extraction and contains MCT and cinnamon oils.
- Premium Jane CBD Tincture: Another full-spectrum product with several benefits, the Premium Jane tincture contains citrus extracts to mask the hemp’s earthy flavor. A 30 ml bottle contains 1000mg of extracts sourced from Kentucky. The product is vegan, non-GMO, and high in natural terpenes like pinene and limonene.
- CBDfx CBD + CBN Tincture: If you are looking for variety in dosage, CBDfx might be an excellent choice. Their tincture contains a mixture of CBD and CBN, which work well together to promote a sense of calmness. Consumers have five options when it comes to CBD dosage, ranging from 500mg to 6000mg. These products use full-spectrum cannabidiol that is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free, making it perfect for people with allergies.
As you can see, several studies have shown that cannabidiol possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties. Since inflammations are something we need to deal with quite frequently, such products can help provide a lot of relief and comfort to individuals worldwide.
However, people need to educate themselves regarding hemp extracts to ensure they purchase the required product. Are you looking to learn more about cannabidiol and hemp? If so, make sure you follow this space for updates regarding their therapeutic and medicinal benefits!